Tuesday 16 June 2009

Has anything happened yet?

Yeah, I’ve not posted much. Three reasons:

1) I’ve been on holiday

2) It’s been really busy at work

3) Absolutely f**k all has been happening.

Well, not entirely true. Lukasz Flappyhandski signed a new contract last week, and considering he’s only 24 that’s probably a good thing as he’ll hopefully improve. Plus there’s the will he/wont he RVP contract story, the will he/wont he bit depends which red-top rag you are reading. He’ll sign.

Plus there’s the Cesc thing, which is all utter shite fabricated by los putos, the Spanish press, so this is all the time of day I’m giving it!

The old man has sent me an email copied from Gooner Talk, who claim to have the next season’s fixtures leaked by Sky:

After completing their pre-season campaign, the Gunners’ start off with a tough trip to West Ham at Upton Park, Saturday, August 15, 2009.

Following that game, there are some tricky home ties against newly-promoted Burnley and FA Cup champs Chelsea.

In September, Arsene Wenger’s men travel up north to face Bolton on the 12th, before 4-goal magician Andrey Arshavin returns to Anfield against Liverpool.

They finish the month with a home match versus Manchester City.

They even have a pic taken from SSN seemingly confirming it. If correct it’s not great. Primarily as that’s a bloody tough start to the campaign, plus I’m away the bank holiday weekend and would miss Chavski at home. F**king boo!

One thing that did develop while I was on holiday before petering out like Herpes was the potential move of Ajax centre back (and can also cover left back….bye bye Silvestre!) Thomas Vermaelen. I missed the whole thing, but it’s gone from “it’s a case of when not if” to total silence. So chances are, like herpes, it’ll re-emerge when you least expect and we’ll get our man, but probably only at 23:59 on 31st August as usual!

Anyway, back to the grindstone for me. Got my first nets session at Cricket tonight. Could be highly entertaining, but not for me I predict.

Adios!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment